• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

The Barbel Society Barbel Challenge In Aid of The Army Benevolent Fund

The original list of rivers has changed slightly they are now

ribble
goyt
dove
trent
wavon
severn
soar (kegworth)
sussex ouse
sussex arun
kentish stour
kennet
colne or lodden
thames
hampshire avon

If anyone would be interested in helping us raise money either by sponsoring us per double or on the event over all please get in touch or use our just giving page http://www.justgiving.com/jerrygleeson.

Cheers

Jerry

Hi Jerry

your justgiving page is not working. Check to see if you extended the run out date?

I found this one I hope it right!

https://www.justgiving.com/jerry-gleeson

You might need to ring them

Good Luck with it all.

John

Last edited:
no worries mate

I tried to make it bigger but it wont work as a link then...

https://www.justgiving.com/jerry-gleeson

come on lads just donate £2.00 each. Lots and lots of £2.00 donations are better than none

Great cause just listen to the radio another injured soldier every day.

Last edited:
Hi Jerry,

Just confirming that I stand by my original pledge of £5.00 per double and a "bonus" of £30 if the fourteen are achieved totalling £100....good luck to you and the lads. I'm sure that you will relieve my wallet of a sheckel or two.

Regards

Bill W

Last edited:
Received this letter the other day for the army benevolent fund, this soldier as well as others is the reason for raising money via the barbel society barbel challenge

We are also now down to 2 anglers myself and Paul floyd

Donations so far have raised just over £500 on the just giving page www. Justgiving.com/jerry-gleeson

We have also had pledges from about 10 people sponsoring us per fish caught

Any donation now matter how small all helps

Jez

Last edited:
Come on lads, in the memory of Lee Rigby if not the many others, shake the piggy bank and either pledge or make a donation. The price of a couple of pints will go a long way....

Time for a reminder lads...just pledge or donate the price of a few kg's of bait...:)

In case any of you chaps think Jerry and I are lovers, I've only met him the once....I just believe STRONGLY in his cause....

Last edited:
Nigel Gray and Davis Tackle have stumped up support for Jerry & Co on the Hampshire Avon leg. How about it lads ? just the price of a couple of pints....it's a great cause...:rolleyes:

Good Luck Jerry

I did a donation some time ago now

Great to see you have Phil Smith what about getting a few other celebs to join at different waters? Des Taylor for the Severn?

Just an idea?

Dates we're on rivers

Ribble 8th/9th (shawes arms)
Goyt 9th/10th (paintmaster)
Dove 10th/11th
Derwent 11th/12th (barbel alley)
Trent 12th/13th (clifton bridge)
Soar !3th/14 (kegworth)
Severn 14th/15th (kempsey)
Lodden 15th/16th
Kennet 16th/17th
Colne 17th/18th