• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Trent Barbel

My recent 14lb 14oz catch for comparison, please note my elbows are at my side;)

o79e1l.jpg

1z2m88k.jpg

r71xes.jpg

Sorry Robert. ..but your elbows are forward of your torso. Hold the fish close to your body. It will make the fish look in scale.

Jeff- should I a) have had both my feet in this shot and b) positioned them both closer to the mat? To get a better sense of scale. Of the fish.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 260
Top tip always ensure your fish wets your chest when taking a photo. Well thats what i do....

Jeff- should I a) have had both my feet in this shot and b) positioned them both closer to the mat? To get a better sense of scale. Of the fish.

Ahh sarcasm the wit of the moronic.:D

As you have laid it down with the arm of the landing net running paralell the scale is judged easily.

It really isnt hard to do properly see.:rolleyes:

As you have laid it down with the arm of the landing net running paralell the scale is judged easily.

Its the "wit of fools" Jeff, not the moronic. I know you are a stickler for being right on stuff.

Really looking forward to you showing us how it should be done, you had a few of late.

better still,make sure your wedding tackles hanging out then there will be an interesting debate on scale and perspective.i'd blame mine on the cold nights.ha ha.

It's a shame we haven't got a photo of Grahame King's current British record barbel on our records page. Does anyone have a link to it? It would be interesting to compare the images to see if there's much difference...
i think its very difficult to gauge the size of barbel , to give the capture credit , its dark .. i often look at pictures of fish and think that they are not the size they state they are this fish i caught last year went 15.4 and i think it looks bigger , i could of said its 19 and would be only cheating myself .. i witnessed a 16.8 on the bank last jan and this looked smaller than my fish in the photos !! , also taking into account how big the person who caught it is ! im 6.4 , if you had someone that was 5.6 and 9 stone it would look massive !! so what im saying is very hard to estimate a fishes weight given all the factors .. whatever size it was its still a great fish so well done

Attachments

• 231013 15.4 005.jpg
    231013 15.4 005.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 285
i think its very difficult to gauge the size of barbel , to give the capture credit , its dark .. i often look at pictures of fish and think that they are not the size they state they are this fish i caught last year went 15.4 and i think it looks bigger , i could of said its 19 and would be only cheating myself .. i witnessed a 16.8 on the bank last jan and this looked smaller than my fish in the photos !! , also taking into account how big the person who caught it is ! im 6.4 , if you had someone that was 5.6 and 9 stone it would look massive !! so what im saying is very hard to estimate a fishes weight given all the factors .. whatever size it was its still a great fish so well done

For comparison with my 15.02 I am 5ft6in and 11st7lb.
Bob
https://barbel.co.uk/site/vbulletin/forum/images/attach/jpg.gifhttps://barbel.co.uk/site/vbulletin/forum/images/attach/jpg.gif

Attachments

• 15.02 RH 31.10.14.jpg
    15.02 RH 31.10.14.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 259
  • 15.02 LH Barbel 31.10.14.jpg
    15.02 LH Barbel 31.10.14.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 241
go steady on them banks lads been in today up to my belly button, quite frightening could have been gone if it wasn,t for a bush on the bank.(no i dont mean the mrs). had one 12.1lbs new trent p.b.

Alan, interesting 'hold' you have on the fish in the picture. Was it being trouble, looks like you had been punching it! Or fisting it!

Back