• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

The Barbel Society Barbel Challenge In Aid of The Army Benevolent Fund

Jerry Gleeson

A Big Thanks to Andy F and the BFW Team For letting advertise this on here :)

Three members of The Barbel Society are currently planning for a task to take place over 14 days in which they will attempt to catch 14 double figure barbel from 14 english river Myself (Jerry Gleeson), Baz Fisher and Paul Bennet aim to fish from 8th August 2013 the following rivers:
Swale, Trent, Dove, Derwent, Ribble, Goyt, Soar, Severn, Anker, Teme, Kennet, Sussex Ouse, Rother, Hamps Avon.
The aim is to get sponsors for the team on the number of double figure barbel caught or on the event as a whole, So Donations are needed from Friends, Anglers, Tackle Manufactures, Bait Companies etc so please donate generously.
Cheques or Postal Orders should be made out to " The Army Benevolent Fund " and sent to Jerry Gleeson at 42 Freemantle Street, Edgeley, Stockport, Sk3 9lf
Paypal Donations to Jerry-Gleeson1@Hotmail.com

please join our facebook group and add all your fishing related friends the more support the better

Regards
Jerry

Hi Jerry,

I'll pledge £5 each double and if you lads get the 14 a bonus of £30 to make a total of £100.....[+ it will be gift aided]

Regards, and I hope you take my money.

Bill W

I thought I would BUMP this up again...come on lads give Jerry and his lads some support...This is a worthy cause...

thanks for bumping it back up bill but plenty of time yet, without people like you and derek we wouldnt be able to raise anything at all.
cheers
jerry

Is that a typo Jerry or are you doing it next year? :confused:

No you read it right mate, only advertising it early as it will take a bit of planning and I dnt have a lot of free time with work/family, plus it gives peple plenty of time to donate or pledge money should they wish
Cheers
Jerry

A worthy cause Jerry, I have made a donation :)

paul4

I see this has been pushed in the AM...good, they also mention some sort of "Barbel Match" along the lines of the Carp Angling Champion ships....pairs and qualifying....Any comments guys?

I see this has been pushed in the AM...good, they also mention some sort of "Barbel Match" along the lines of the Carp Angling Champion ships....pairs and qualifying....Any comments guys?

Something completely differant that mate and nothing to do with the charity event.
Cheers
Jerry

Slight change to the anglers, sadly Paul Bennett has had to pull out due to family commitments and will be replaced by Paul Floyd.

Three members of the Barbel Society are currently planning for a task to take place over 14 days in which they will attempt to capture 14 double figure barbel from 14 English rivers, one from each river.Jerry Gleeson, Baz Fisher and Paul Floyd aim to fish from August 8th 2013 from some of the following rivers, the list will change nearer the time.Swale, Trent, Dove, Derwent, Ribble, Goyt, Sow, Severn, Anker, Teme, Kennet, Lodden, Kentish Stour, Rother, Medway, Sussex Ouse, Hampshire AvonThe aim is to get sponsors for the team based on the number of double figure barbel caught in or on the event as a whole. So donations are needed from friends, anglers, tackle manufactures, bait companies, retailers, please give generously.Cheques or postal orders can be made out to "The Army Benevolent Fund" and should be sent to Jerry Gleeson, 42 Freemantle Street, Edgeley, Stockport SK3 9LF PayPal donations to Jerry-gleeson1@hotmail.com or our just giving page jerry gleeson is fundraising for ABF The Soldiers' Charity

Many thanks to those that have donated already and to those that have pledged money per double caught :)

Jez

Good cause, no chance, not a realistic target, be lucky to get a couple.

Good cause ..yes...no chance yes....raise money for a good cause is enough.. yes...its not a fish hunt is it ...be realistic.

Put a fiver on each double then ;)...i did...its not for me its for others who need it.

Paul

Back