• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

A fishing chair that isnt really a chair but you can sit on it. And it carries stuff.

Many thanks chaps there are a few good choices there worth having a proper look at. This is why you need tackle shops that you can walk into and then test stuff out. Especially this kind of gear.

I especially like the idea of getting a gillie. I've just sent a text to Kelly Brook asking if she would be up for it. She looks really comfortable to sit on. As an extra incentive I said if she performs well I might enter her for a competition. No reply yet.

I will ask her when she wakes up Howard, don't want to disturb her now, she needs her rest ;)

Cheers, Dave.

Have you considered the Lafuma CB lightweight folding chair. It won't carry anything but has a carry strap, is light at around 2lbs and can take 18st (or 115kg if you must). Currently on offer on their site for £22.50 and you can even have one in red and white stripes if you like!

Dave

i have found in past that a lightweight chair and a half decent chairbag can take most gear in the bag as well as the chair, take a look at some in tackleshop

Howard,...these are the little lightweight stools I was refering too that I clip on the back of my ruckbag....

Lafuma UK - Lafuma PL Stool

This one is alloy framed and very light,...I don't think your weight warrants the heavier steel version.
My Fox multi-level low chair is almost a replica of the old Lafuma which lasted me 25 years but as I previously mentioned, is made of steel, not alloy.
Shame they discontinued them,...my point being that Lafuma seem to make good chairs!
Seems rare to come across decent alloy chairs nowadays,...one size/weight has to fit all.:(

Someone should redo the "gadabout " chair that McClaren made in the 70s - better than the cheap chinese steel copies that are around now as it was tubular alloy and quite light teamed with a small rucksack it would be great

Some great choices there and I really like the look of the Shakespeare so I'm going to pop into a store and have a good play with one. I mentioned it to Kelly and she said to ensure I put the strap on and tested it for comfort. Which is nice.

Howard,
Maidenhead Bait and Tackle had a natty rucksack/seat/thingy in their shop a couple of weeks ago.
I can't for the life of me remember the manufacturer, but it had a comfy, fleecy type seat covering.

Some great choices there and I really like the look of the Shakespeare so I'm going to pop into a store and have a good play with one. I mentioned it to Kelly and she said to ensure I put the strap on and tested it for comfort. Which is nice.

I have been given two of these albeit older models 'H' and ditched the useless rucksack and just use the seat, I tuck it into a fold up mat and use the mat to cover the stool, for two reasons I might not look quite the idiot I fear I do, and the extra cushioning make them reasonably comfy.

Personally I would just go for a quality stool such as the Lafuma.

Just got one of those Bison ones.
Very light, seems comfortable enough,loads of room ,zips prob wont last that long but reasonably heavy duty canvas with waterproof inner lining.
Can sit with bag to the side or in front/behind,
Less than £20 ,for the amount I will use it really good value.

This is mine, I had such fun emptying the container.

The seat removes leaving a void for such gear as you would need for a roving day out, strap was not fitted at time of photograph.

;0)

Vade hic!

Back