• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

A fishing chair that isnt really a chair but you can sit on it. And it carries stuff.

That's an awesome bit of kit that David, especially in red. You might need to flatten off the back I suppose to make it easier to carry and even install telescopic legs to allow for uneven terrain. The leather would be easy to wipe down too making it a doddle to maintain. A real bonus for those that fish into dark, when the calmness of the night can be violently interrupted by the loud cry of a night creature.

I'm still undecided in my quest and not because of the many great suggestions here, but because on my last two outings I have been looking carefully at the swims I typically fish and not one of them has a sufficiently flat or flattish spot that would safely accommodate a stool without adjustable legs. So I may just need to man-up and take my lightweight chair plus a small rucksack. But the suggestions have got me thinking about some roving lake and pond work where these bag/stool combos will be great.

Faced with a long walk to reach a good stretch of the Kennet some years ago and after struggling to take and return with far too much stuff I ruthlessly pared down my tackle to what could be carried in a fishing waistcoat's pockets and the bait into a belt pouch. No seat, but 6mm neoprene chest waders mean you can sit anywhere including in puddles, a Gye net worn on the back, one made up rod and off I went. It worked! A bit too warm for the summer but Autumn through to the seasons end very good.

To combat the inevitable sloping banks, a pair of bolt-on adjustable legs put on one of these seat boxes with the shoulder straps might well be the answer, seen them somewhere>
peter

The stool and ruck sack are ok till you get on a slope, look around the match angling section in your tackle shop for seat box accessories. A length of 1 inch alloy tube screwed to the legs with 6mm screws and a couple of extending legs on the ends, i can't fault it.

I must admit I do keep looking online at the pro logic bag/seat thingy that was mentioned earlier. Has anyone got one? I might go have a look at one in Go Outdoors and ask santa nicely for one I too am fed up of carrying a chair around when I really don't need it. It wouldn't be great for sloping banks however my thinking is that I'm rarely in a swim for more than 45 minutes so if it's too slopey I'll just sit on my mat until I move on.

Hi men ,

Iv still yet to better the Korum ruckbag with a lightweight seat clipped on , and we walk for miles . Dont use the chair that is designed for it , as most fit onto the hooks provided . Years of abuse , dump it anywhere , room for all mine and Sues stuff , cant see anything better . With a unhooking mat slipped into the chair its megga comfy as well . The long side pocket takes my banksticks with heads attached , i dump it all in laying down and are off in no time when moving swims , leaves a rod and landing net to carry in one hand .

Hatter

The stool and ruck sack are ok till you get on a slope, look around the match angling section in your tackle shop for seat box accessories. A length of 1 inch alloy tube screwed to the legs with 6mm screws and a couple of extending legs on the ends, i can't fault it.

British engineering at it's finest Graham :D

the legs were set the same as the originals so it's level on flat ground,also when the legs are adjusted it's more stable with a wider width.;) Mike you certainly know the best of British engineering when you see it.:)

Howard,
Maidenhead Bait and Tackle had a natty rucksack/seat/thingy in their shop a couple of weeks ago.
I can't for the life of me remember the manufacturer, but it had a comfy, fleecy type seat covering.

Ron Thompson is the make Dave. I tried it out today in the shop, and couldn't resist making the purchase. That was the last one....sorry Howard :eek:
We'll see how it copes with 15 stone sat on it.

Ron Thompson is the make Dave. I tried it out today in the shop, and couldn't resist making the purchase. That was the last one....sorry Howard :eek:
We'll see how it copes with 15 stone sat on it.

Ah ha, that's the one Paul.
I remember reading a label on it stating 'rated to 14st 15oz' :D

Last edited:
I went and checked out the pro logic stalking seat box thing at go outdoors...... wasn't overly impressed it isn't quite big enough for me. I don't carry a vast amount of kit but if just wasn't quite there for me. I did however spot the chub superlight (?) Chair that really is very light and flips open in a second, it clips nicely on my old wychwood rucksack so I think I've finally found my solution!

Ah ha, that's the one Paul.
I remember reading a label on it stating 'rated to 14st 15oz' :D

Dave, it creaked a little when I used it this evening, so it may need some reinforcement :D. It's perfect for those short sessions, so hopefully it won't have a short life.

Dave G, that's the shortest reply you have ever made. :p;)

I went and checked out the pro logic stalking seat box thing at go outdoors...... wasn't overly impressed it isn't quite big enough for me. I don't carry a vast amount of kit but if just wasn't quite there for me. I did however spot the chub superlight (?) Chair that really is very light and flips open in a second, it clips nicely on my old wychwood rucksack so I think I've finally found my solution!

I bought a Superlite earlier this year..but for stillwater fishing. Yeah they are very light, and they're ok, but only for flat, level ground i.e. not inclined much, and not too uneven.
The best solution I've found for roving is a Bum Buddy plus a large-ish bum-bag. This, with a Korum Quiver, means you can rove 'hands free'.

Back