• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

A great angler

Great angling is like beauty.........it's in the eye of the beholder!

Nick. you said

A match angler is just the fastest angler.

Don't overdo your posts because you caught a good fish. All credit for it but some of your latter posts have been childishly silly, and be aware MANY anglers on here have caught far bigger ones.

Howards post is very sensible and sums up the case that it's a very personal view. Beauty, or greatness is in the eye of the beholder. Cricky Roger...just seen you said that before me!

Graham

Last edited:
I don't understand the idea of competition interfering with my concept of angling. I've met great characters of angling and prefer to think of it in that way. I've also noticed dedication and modesty and a kind of passion to share. Generally human qualities. I'm not in it for the money or fame. Honest!

I would refer any would be top angler compete on the River Pinn for burbot and sea horses and then report back to this thread.

Totally agree Roger

I agree with that but, sorry to say, that's a total contradiction to your perpetual stance Nick A.

Isn't great a definition that others bestow (otherwise it is ego) therefore there must be some form of shared knowledge/publicity...but what makes up greatness will always be under dispute...

Someone who can make a decent bacon sandwich.

Depends how you like your bacon cooked Dave :p

There are no great anglers, just good ones. One or two make the most of it in terms of time available and choose to publicise, and therefore could be by some persevered as experts.

I would refer any would be top angler compete on the River Pinn for burbot and sea horses and then report back to this thread.

:)

I agree with that but, sorry to say, that's a total contradiction to your perpetual stance Nick A.

It is open house on the Democracy Fishery next season. Come one, come all!

Oooh big burbot.........:D

10lbs 2ozs

Regards,

Hugo

Last edited:
Back