• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Ebay madness

Yep,that's because they're made in the far east and not very good....

Has Drennan gone down in quality then?, I have a big feeder from the late 90's and it is still great..they obviously dropping down on quality control.

Not everyone can or wants to afford to pay for a british made rod with a british blank, considering the Drennan goes for around £130 it was a good buy for £50 ( maybe closer to its value??)

A rod that swamps ebay is the J.W range of barbel rods, they tend to go for £40-£50 + P&P rather than the silly RRP of £189.99:eek:.........again maybe worth £50 but not £189.99

Anyone bought one of the JW rods?

i got a RW 1.6lb JW rod, the new one, brand new for £38.00 off ebay, it's worth much more than that, i say £100 but not £190.

i got a RW 1.6lb JW rod, the new one, brand new for £38.00 off ebay, it's worth much more than that, i say £100 but not £190.

Thats not a bad price at all David, if you think it was worth more £100 you got 62% off your own evaluation.

I picked up the 13ft JW trotter for £41 posted, cracking rod at that price.

They seem to be a bargain for the prices paid above, I guess they must have some quality to justify the hefty price tags, bearing in mind at the "RRP", the sellers must be making some margin surely so the mark up is pretty good on the JW rods......at the suggested RRP of £189.99 you are looking into harrisons territory.

Mind you a new harrisons for £38-£41 now that would be an ebay bargain or fantasy.

Last edited:
the only harrison you will pick up for that would be broken.

Ha ha too true or a scam, like I said fantasy.

I think I will have a go at the JW Ray Walton for that sort of money, I have never tried the rolling meat technique yet, thanks for the feedback both of you.

Last edited:
My tackle cabinet is full Mike, i already have 3 rods for the purpose i would use the Avenger for.

Absolute Classic, sure it will go for a cracking price.

Back