• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

New licence, got one yet?

I had considered the direct debit set up, but was put off by a club member who, a couple of years back, had his account cleaned out because the EA had somehow taken the debit something like seven times. Besides, a stroll up the road to my local sub post office is on the way to the pub anyhow.:D

Well I phoned them this morning, what a f'ing farce. An automated message greets you when you phone saying anyone who bought one on either the 26/27 March or 16/17 April (think they were the dates, might be a day or so out, sorry) then they've identified the problem and those people should receive their licence by the 19th.
My situation however is a little different. To recap I always do mine by direct debit but this year I've changed my address and upgraded to a salmon one. They already ballsed this up twice, first by sending me a coarse licence to my old address, which I had to post back for a refund, then by failing to re-register this information. But now, nearly a month after I last phoned them, they're saying they've no record of my payment for the salmon one! I've had to take a screen shot of my bank account showing the transaction 3 weeks ago and email this to them for proof! Then if that's ok :)rolleyes:) they will send me out a HAND WRITTEN licence! Why a hand written one!?
They really are an utter joke, lost any respect I ever had for them.:mad:

Back