• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

EA swoop on EE's

Yes but their culture isn't to take fish for the pot.

This is the main point I think. While it's wrong for people to fish out of season and while all nationalities break laws, it's the fact that many EEs take the fish away that does the real damage. That is not to say they all do of course, but certainly it's part of their culture.

There is nothing racist or bigoted at all in what Neil (Smart) says, it is ludicrous to call someone a bigot because they say the poachers were EEs. That is the type of tripe peddled by the PC idiots who consider any mention of a persons background to be bigoted. Like that moron Gordon Brown did with that old lady who dared to question the wisdom of uncontrolled immigration.

It is quite likely that the poachers nationalities would not have been mentioned if they were British, perhaps because the fish were unlikely to have been eaten. But what would happen if British anglers were caught poaching in an EE country or France? Would their nationalities would be mentioned? Pretty likely I think.

Last edited:
Neil, I am surprised but that seemed to go way over your head. My point is that education; something I thought you cared about; is the only way. Preaching to the converted is going to achieve what it always achieves, precisely nothing. With the stance you and many others take on this matter is it any wonder that continental user names are all but absent from this forum? Undoubtedly some are just plain “wrongunsâ€, but so are some of our lads; it’s very easy to dismiss them as chavs and pikys isn’t it?

Wow neil I can't believe how bigoted and racist you are like ben says if you go to the lower teme and you saw English speaking natives poaching would you post tbere nationality? ???

Nationality has nothing to do with it if your a poacher your a poacher.

Here endeth the first lesson

You believe what you want to believe, except your 'beliefs' change from day to day or thread to thread, depending on your new wind up campaign.

Run that one past me again Neil...you lost me fella :confused:

My reply was to inform Patrick that even Alf Garnett got it right sometimes. Do keep up chap :rolleyes:

Cheers, Dave.

Apologies Dave wrong end of the stick heat of the moment etc, will have to try and unravel it when the red mist clears. :)

Neil, I am surprised but that seemed to go way over your head. My point is that education; something I thought you cared about; is the only way. Preaching to the converted is going to achieve what it always achieves, precisely nothing. With the stance you and many others take on this matter is it any wonder that continental user names are all but absent from this forum? Undoubtedly some are just plain “wrongunsâ€, but so are some of our lads; it’s very easy to dismiss them as chavs and pikys isn’t it?

Agree 100% but the facts speak for themselves, are we to be in denial that culture does not play a part in law breaking? Where by such practices are 'accepted' in their own countries they are not in the UK, but of course it is not just taking fish for the pot but much more serious violations against children and women.

We cannot turn a 'blind eye' to anything that is not part of 'our' laws merely because of culture or creed, and yes Education is required, but what do you do when some reject that notion and defend their actions because of their cultural customs?

I believe the UK laws and judicial system is the best and fairest you an find, therefore if you live here to abide by those laws benefit the whole of society, for it was society that made the law through a Democratic system of Parliament.

No doubt some might sneer at that.

The basis for law I thought started with the monarchy. Was it Henry II?
But your point stands Neil.

Last edited:
Quoting stuff from a man who died in 1189 doesn't make it right today damian, if that was the case we would be crusading across half the globe

I think the Romans got there first Damien, but the Druids also had their own system of law and punishment.
In fact if you go back far enough I'm sure David Attenborough has said at some time or other that society started to formulate acceptable rules of conduct and punishment for those who stepped outside of those rules before we came down out of the tree tops and started walking on two legs.

Agree 100% but the facts speak for themselves, are we to be in denial that culture does not play a part in law breaking? Where by such practices are 'accepted' in their own countries they are not in the UK, but of course it is not just taking fish for the pot but much more serious violations against children and women.

We cannot turn a 'blind eye' to anything that is not part of 'our' laws merely because of culture or creed, and yes Education is required, but what do you do when some reject that notion and defend their actions because of their cultural customs?

I believe the UK laws and judicial system is the best and fairest you an find, therefore if you live here to abide by those laws benefit the whole of society, for it was society that made the law through a Democratic system of Parliament.

Wow I haven't heard a rant like this since the bnp went on question time. Shocking truly shocking

Patrick are you an EE in disguise ? I work with them and the majority are ok but have heard it countless times what they have caught and eaten , even found a bag of small perch in the staff fridge , the Poles aint as bad as people think its the ones from the Soviet block that are the worst ask the folk who live round Bostin where all the fish have gone from the drains , I'm not racist , anyone have a look on my facebook page I have loads of people I work with one there and to be honest find them better people than most of the locals .

Patrick are you an EE in disguise ? I work with them and the majority are ok but have heard it countless times what they have caught and eaten , even found a bag of small perch in the staff fridge , the Poles aint as bad as people think its the ones from the Soviet block that are the worst ask the folk who live round Bostin where all the fish have gone from the drains , I'm not racist , anyone have a look on my facebook page I have loads of people I work with one there and to be honest find them better people than most of the locals .

Robert what a fantastic post. The Soviet block lads are from the most impoverished area. Irs just education they need not racial hatred.

Incredible perspective there Neil Like the way you slotted in the most heinous crime I have heard of in many a year and inferred it was down to EE’s. As you well know Europeans were not and the culprits would probably have faced a far more parlous legal retribution if facing retribution by their own kind. I find your use of bragging rights regarding the bringing to “the best judicial system one can find†a bit of a laugh as well. Is this the same adversarial system that has taken an age, to bring this and other similar cases to court? The system that accuses, cross-examines and degrades these poor young girls further? It then allows Google the likes to avoid contributing to our country in any way. Personally, I would describe it as the best legal system money can buy.

I didn't quote anything of Henry II, merely stating that law wasn't ever self-imposed by 'the people', but does serve them.
It has to be considered Adrian that the Romans were invaders and whatever they left behind, some of which we still see today in more than just one way, the basis for common law in this country was not part of that. I stand to be corrected though.

Patrick, can you tell me if you think there might be any case where cultural differences exist it is possible to explain those using nationalities?
Do you realise that according to your understanding of bigotry news reporting across the country has been guilty of it for quite some time?

Damian

Neil your wasting your time , anything you say on here will get you abuse and accused of been racist , to be honest I've had enough and leaving the idiots to carry on their head burying and slating

This thread is getting out of hand. I think, quite rightly, the key point Neil wanted to make in starting the thread, is that its great to see on the bank action being taken against individuals breaking the law. I have no doubt that whoever the perpetrators were, no matter what the ethnic origin, Neil would have made the same point. And quite frankly it is good to get a bit of balance given the bashing the EA get on this forum.

As usual, however, there are some who choose to apply distortion and unnecessary emphasis which means threads get out of shape. It's sad to find on this largely enjoyable and informative forum that there are those who, through a lack of genuine wit or an ability to express an idea or a thought with any degree of eloquence, choose to respond and post deliberately provocative and distorting statements simply to get a reaction-and for no other reason than that.

Robert what a fantastic post. The Soviet block lads are from the most impoverished area. Irs just education they need not racial hatred.

You're just spouting turd Patrick! Where on earth has racial hatred come into anything? Do you understand 'race'?

Back