• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

EA swoop on EE's

Can I suggest that anyone getting tired can read Howard Cooke's recent reports of fishing with his dad on the River Wye, it will lift your spirits and help you realise/remember just how good this forum actually is and can be.

Not going to come to the future fish in then Nick? Perhaps you could give us the vast majority of your experience of 121 posts. Not that its a ranking system. But you have been invited as has anyone to a general love inn.
I await your negative reply

not going to come to the future fish in then nick? Perhaps you could give us the vast majority of your experience of 121 posts. Not that its a ranking system. But you have been invited as has anyone to a general love inn.
I await your negative reply

Deleted.

Weren't barbel introduced to the Severn by the angling papers in the 60/70's does that make them illegal?

Genuinely if a barbel went belly up on. Me id rather take it for the pot than feed several predators ( not that man isnt the biggest)
Thankfully thats never happened.

Going by many old books barbel don't make very good eating, I think the same went for many coarse fish. I know carp are supposed to be OK and the Germans rate tench a delicacy, but mainly the coarse fish considered fairly good to eat are the predators: pike, perch, zander, eels. When you think about it that's the opposite of animals considered good to eat. I've not heard of anyone eating lions or tigers!

One old book, maybe several in fact, contains a very interesting recipe for chub. It begins by directing the chef to take a chopping board, chop up various herbs and spices etc, put all on the chub and put the chub in to bake.
The final bit is a classic. It advises "take the chub out of the oven, throw it away and eat the board". :)

The Chinese are bonkers on certain parts of the tiger, Alex.

Back